Saturday, April 28, 2012

Simple (Pt. 1)...

[Sweater: F21;  Cutoffs: American Eagle DIY;  Sandals: Eddie Bauer;  Sunnies: F21;  Backpack: Jeremiah's]
[CURRENTLY TRENDING: Backpacks, Coachella cutoffs, 90's style]

I'm not a huge fan of summer style because the temperature generally causes the masses to wear dresses and flip-flops and still proclaim to be stylish.  I think I'm just being a punk because for me, the art of style is at its finest when layers are employed.  All that being said, I tried to throw away my high and mighty ideas about layering while maintaining a level of thoughtfulness with this simple look.  Let's break it down:
1.  The light-weight sweater.  If I'm showing some leg, I like to keep things modest up top.  I like this sweater because there is plenty of room to breathe but the peek-a-boo hem keeps it from being hella-ella boring.  I also like the drab color because it matches my skin and keeps the peek-a-boo from being too scandalous.

2.  Cutoffs.  These are a summer staple and don't need much of an explanation.  They are loose fitting and casual and show the perfect amount of leg without looking like hotpants.  Afterall, I'm not a tween anymore.

3.  Accessories.  The birkenstock-like sandals are a nod  to 90's style which is oh-so hot right now.  The shades remind me of Coachella.  The canvas backpack that you can't see because of the bushes is in-line with what is trending but can also be used for school books.  What a concept, cute and functional!!!  The orange nail polish is just as spring-summery as it gets. 
So there you have it.  The most simple outfit I will ever wear.

Tune in next time for another, slightly less boring, super simple spring/summer outfit.

7 comments:

  1. Cool and comfy outfit! Love the shorts :)

    Have a great weekend!

    x♥x♥

    "Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico"



    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! Love the shorts too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great comfortable outfit i love the shorts!

    www.lifeisjustrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOtally following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comment! Very cute denim shorts!!! I followed you! Would you like to follow me back?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this super easy top!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete