I'VE BEEN TAGGED!
Link-ups are kind of fun because they help you get to know other bloggers in the community while also spreading the word about your own fabulous blog. I've never gotten too involved because 1. Most of the people reading this blog aren't bloggers and 2. I still feel like a bit of a creeper when saying hello to people I don't know on the internet. BUT! I love Victoria and her blog Grow North and couldn't resist the link-up love she sent my way. Be sure to check out all of her adventures up in Alaska right here.
There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.
Eleven Random Things:
1. I'm kind of a hoarder. Yeeeeahh, not as crazy as the show but crazy enough that the show makes me reassess my life every time I watch. The latest items have been nail polish and books; while shoes will always be my guiltiest pleasure.
2. I used to wear the same orange "Iowa" sweatshirt to school almost everyday. My knack for fashion and style didn't exactly develop early and I cringe when thinking back to my high school "style."
3. I'm a horrible cook. And baker. And anything in the kitchen. Just awful. I'm mainly just intimidated by all the steps in cooking but I also happen to be verrrryyy lazy. So, this morning, just like many other mornings, my breakfast was a piece of bread with a spread of butter. Classy.
4. I love to watch documentaries about space and the universe. Ha! Weird. But there's the Morgan Freeman episodes on the universe and then the show, Fabric of the Cosmos, on PBS. Yeah, check it out!
5. I really like watching golf on TV. This list is getting more and more embarrassing. To explain: watching golf on TV reminds me of my dad as he's always been obsessed with all things golf.
6. I hadn't eaten a pickle or Taco Bell until I moved to Denver at the age of 21.
7. When I eat any type of colored candy I first separate all the colors and then eat them based on a specific color order. But everyone does that, right? Right guys?
8. Chanel, Alexander McQueen, and anything that Marc Jacobs touches.
9. Climbing, horseback riding, and snowshoeing are my favorite outdoor adventures.
10. I say yes to socks and sandals.
11. I wear men's deodorant. Not because I'm extra stinko but because that ish smells delightful!!!!
Here are the original eleven questions from Victoria at Grow North:
1. If you had to get rid of all but 5 of your belongings, which 5 would you keep? Omg, I would die. But if I had to, I'd keep an anthology of poetry, my favorite La Sportiva hikers, a hair tie, a notebook, and a pen. AHH! This question makes me itch... aaannd I'd also be naked except for the hikers.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? Guatemala.
3. What are you most afraid of? Someone I'm close to passing away suddenly. Losing my memory.
4. What is one thing you are most looking forward to in the future? Moving somewhere for graduate school.
5. What "look" do you feel the best in? I feel most like myself wearing something a little androgynous which usually ends up looking urban or punk. My other favorite look is a little more like an uptight school teacher. Collared oxford, buttoned to the very top with some sort of sweater and most likely a headband and glasses.
6. If you could learn one thing, what would you learn to do? If I could learn to develop websites without all the effort, that's what I'd learn.
7. What is your very favorite meal? Roast, mashed potatoes, gravy. BOOM.
8. What song do you play more than any other? None. I'm in a bit of a music funk.
9. What is your favorite thing to do to relax? Candles, book-reading, bathtub.
10. What is your favorite date night? We don't do date night very often. We usually have "date days" where we go to South Broadway, browse used book stores, eat some Famous Pizza and do a little thrifting.
11. What are you most looking forward to in 2012? Making some $$$ and visiting potential grad schools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. If you had to get rid of all but 5 belongings, which 5 would you keep?
2. What pieces would make up your perfect outfit?
3. Who or what are your style inspirations?
4. What is your perfect "date night" or night out with friends?
5. Most frequented website?
6. What are you most looking forward to this year?
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
8. Beauty product you couldn't live without?
9. Favorite place you've ever been and place you most want to go?
10. Movie or show you've watched the most?
11. Ideal shoe?????????????????