Friday, January 27, 2012

Equilibrium...

 I had a lovely day at school today and I'm going to guess it's because I wore my lucky hat.  I gotta say, there's something about dressing up every day that beats the heck out of last semester's uniform of baggy jeans and sweatshirts.  Being dressed up makes me feel smarter.  How strange.
I went with an earth-toned outfit today which is a bit out of character for me.  I love color but I generally loath the color brown.  ICK!  Using black as my neutral or base tone is just so much easier!  Anyway.  The rest of the outfit was put together with my go-to method of color pairing.  To explain: brown hat and shoes + navy jeans and messenger bag + green jacket and scarf + red sweater and scarf = OUTFIT EQUILIBRIUM.
Getting dressed can be quite mathematical!  I definitely love breaking fashion rules but when I'm in a hurry before school, the color pairing method is my most efficient way of looking chic and getting out the door on time.
Sweater: American Eagle;  Jeans: F21;  Jacket: Thrifted Bebe;  Scarf&Sunnies: F21;  Messenger: Zara;  Shoes: Steve Madden;  Hat: Jeremiah's

No comments:

Post a Comment