Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring...

[Orange: F21; Yellow: Levi's;  Pink: F21;  White and Orange Floral: Vintage]

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!!!!!!
Much like the rest of the country, Denver switched from winter to spring/summer within a span of 24 hours.  As much as I'm loving this weather, it's taken me a while to adjust my outfits and I've continued to wear my black+beige+grey uniform of winter.  How dreary!!  I had a little time today, however, to dig out some summer staples and I'll definitely be sharing some outfits soon.
I'm so sick of school at the moment.  I took my Chaucer midterm and received 97/100 but then I recited the first 20 lines of Old English to my teacher and she looked at me like I'd just thrown up on her.  It was pretty bad but hopefully I'll look back on this painful memory and laugh.  Before you make fun of me for mincing Chaucer's words, have a go yourself:

WHAN that Aprille with his shoures soote
The droghte of Marche hath perced to the roote,
And bathed every veyne in swich licour,
Of which vertu engendred is the flour;
Whan Zephirus eek with his swete breeth        5
Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
The tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne
Hath in the Ram his halfe cours y-ronne,
And smale fowles maken melodye,
That slepen al the night with open ye,        10
(So priketh hem nature in hir corages:
Than longen folk to goon on pilgrimages,
And palmers for to seken straunge strondes,
To ferne halwes, couthe in sondry londes;
And specially, from every shires ende        15
Of Engelond, to Caunterbury they wende,
The holy blisful martir for to seke,
That hem hath holpen, whan that they were seke


How'd it go for you??
Have a wonderful spring day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff! And lol about the English teacher! I live in Indiana....lucky you living in Denver! I'm following you on GFC and bloglovin---hope you'll follow back!

    ReplyDelete