Saturday, March 17, 2012

Break...

[Sweater: F21 $10;  Chords: Levi's $20;  Hat: Jeremiah's $0;  Sunnies: F21 $6;  Purse: Zara $80?;  Flats: Steve Madden $20]

I'M ON SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!!!!  This outfit isn't very spring-y but I'm still making use of my winter chords and sweaters because... I can.  The weather has been absolutely beautiful in Denver the past couple weeks and I'm just now starting to dig out my summer digs so you may being seeing those soonish.  Jeremiah and I had a fun St. Patty's because we did nothing involving St. Patty's.  BUT! we did celebrate in our own way by getting some killer pizza at Famous and books at Tattered Cover.  I'll share pictures of my books next time.  My week of break will be spent at Jeremiah's ranch, riding my favorite horsey and cruising through some leftover homework.  Fun times all around!!

I wish these photos did the colors of this outfit justice.  They're all very similar but not quite as matchy as they seem in the photos.  The hat and shoes are a true brown while the sweater is maroon.  The elbow patches are more of a light beige while the chords are a rich tan.  Keeping colors similar but just a little different can make a simple outfit really stand out.  I added the red bag for a bit of kick.  Red is obvi in the same color family as maroon but adding a bright to an earth-toned outfit keeps things feisty.  I also love playing with texture: Felt hat, tortoise shell glasses, faux suede elbow patches, chords, and a leather purse and shoes.  BOOM.

Also, note to future self: Fix quad-boob before taking pics!!  My bad!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!Thanks for stopping by! Looove your look!! I'm following you..follow back? =)

    Xx Elisa

    http://degenerationmode.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete