Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fashion! Show!

What a delightful day!  I woke up at 7AM to go to jury summons.  Although I'm fairly interested in the legal process, the courthouse was the absolute last place I wanted to be.  I made the most of it by catching up on some reading but after a few juries were called, I was thrilled to receive the news that THE REST OF US COULD LEAVE EARLY!!  And then...
My friend Kelsey called and gave me exactly one hour to clean myself up to be a photographer for a FASHION SHOW!!!  That's right.  Fashion!  Show!  Kelsey works at Aveda Salon and their team needed a photog to take backstage photos.  The funny thing is...
I am SO not a photographer.  Though I have a bangin' Canon DSLR, I almost always use the auto setting and then edit photos in Picasa later.  Seriously, I'ma major amateur!  But, lucky for me, Cha lent me one of her lenses and the fours hours I was there gave me plenty of time to get a few good pics.  You might even see a couple on here...
[Shirt and trousers: H&M;  Shoes: Zara]
I was required to wear all black but I figured the short sleeve turtleneck gave the outfit more of a "photographer" feel while my trusty yellow platforms gave me the punch of high fashion I needed.
With all the excitement of today, I couldn't be more happy to kick back and watch "New Girl" with my favorite fella.  Hope y'all had a great Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. your outfit is so cute, I especially love the bright yellow shoes! and ooo how fun that got to take photos for a fashion show :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your suggestions are great, bold and versatile.

    ReplyDelete