Thursday, July 5, 2012

Beat it...

[Tank: Thrifted (American Eagle);  Shorts: Pimkie;  Shoes: Nine West]

BEAT THE HEAT, that is.  Heh heh.
But let's get serious: there is no possible way for anyone to beat the heat this summer.
It's swampy as heck in Iowa City but I'm doing my best to embrace the weather and in doing so, have adapted my wardrobe accordingly.  Light fabrics with plenty of breathing room have kept me from dying of heatstroke while bright colors and accessories have kept me feeling at least somewhat stylish. 
Despite the heat, I've had an enjoyable couple of days.
I went to a few Jazzfest events this weekend and climbed with two new friends, Ellen and Rohith.
Today I swam at Lake McBride and tomorrow will be spent with Andy and friends at his CABIN!!!!!  So pumped.

Hope y'all had a lovely 4th of July!!


No comments:

Post a Comment